Basic one-day course offering lifesaving first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for the workplace or home. Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
- CPR A: 6.5 hours in-class OR 3.5 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning**
- CPR C: 7.5 hours in-class OR 4.5 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning**
- Successfully demonstrate skills and critical steps
- Min. 75% mark for written knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
- 3-year certification in Emergency First Aid and CPR Level A or C
- CPR A: 4 hours in-class OR 3 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning**
- CPR C: 5 hours in-class OR 4 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning**
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
Includes opioid poisoning awareness information
Includes any other content required by specific legislation
A 60-minute Opioid Poisoning Awareness Workshop can be added to this course. In this workshop, participants will learn how they can help prevent death and disability by recognizing, accessing help, and providing care for a suspected opioid poisoning.
- First Aid & CPR (print and/or eBook)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Emergency First Aid – Online (Blended only)
- Emergency First Aid certificate (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
Printable version - Emergency First Aid
*Recertification not available in all jurisdictions.
**Online learning time will vary depending on the learner.